It is really important for active acne to be treated before it worsens and before you are left with pits and scars on your skin. Inflamed pustules damage the surrounding tissue and can even cause tissue loss, which is why the scars have a depressed appearance.
The AIPL acne treatment used by The Laser Treatment Clinic in London works on your skin to improve both the feel and appearance, and indirectly, on your confidence!
• The light from the laser heats and destroys the bacteria that can cause inflamed and infected spots.
• The heat produced by the light also stimulates the skin’s natural healing process. It penetrates to the dermis where collagen is produced, which is the skin’s repair mechanism and provides the skin with elasticity.
What should you expect from a treatment?
• A cold gel is applied to the area that needs to be treated.
• The pulses of light are then applied to the skin. As the light penetrates to the lower layers, it usually leaves no marks on the surface of the skin, apart from a slight redness. People often describe the sensation as like having a rubber band snapped against the skin.
• A full facial acne treatment usually takes about 20 minutes.