Laser treatment is considered to be one of the quickest and most effective solutions for problems such as acne, scarring, stretch marks, unwanted or excess body hair and uneven pigmentation. It is also known for being relatively pain-free, but this doesn’t mean that there won’t be a recovery period following treatment.
Whilst your skin is recovering from treatment, which could leave the skin feeling red, inflamed, swollen or sore depending on what procedure you have had, you need to take good care of your skin.
The laser treatment clinic will give you detailed instructions on what to do during the recovery period, whether it’s just a few days or a week or so. You may also be given specialist lotions or ointment to use, so make sure that you do.
Other general rules for looking after your skin following laser treatment include:
• Keeping out of the sun, covering up or applying high-factor sun cream
• Avoiding beauty products containing chemicals
• Using aloe vera gel and ice packs to reduce inflammation (unless directed otherwise)
• Keeping the treated area as clean and dry as possible
• Return to the clinic for check-ups and follow-up treatment as required