Both men and women all over the world spend a good deal of time and money removing unwanted hair on various parts of the body. Waxing, shaving and using depilatory kits are amongst the most common hair removal methods, but a far more effective and long-term solution is laser hair removal treatment.
Before undergoing laser hair removal treatment, you may find it useful and interesting to find out a few facts about other methods of hair removal, such as:
• 90% of adult men shave at least once a day, and some have to shave more frequently
• In a man’s lifetime, it is estimated that he will shave at least 20,000 times
• Waxing and shaving doesn’t cause hair to grow back thicker, but it can cause potentially inflamed and unsightly ingrown hairs to develop
• Just 1% of men actually enjoy shaving every day, with the rest thinking of it as an annoying chore
• Hair tends to grow at a rate of around 1cm per month or 0.35mm a day
• The average person has around 615 hairs per square cm
• The number of hair follicles covering the human body is estimated to be around 5 million
Now that you know the facts about traditional hair removal methods, you may be persuaded to give laser treatment a try!