Hirsutism is not dangerous, although it can be a symptom of an underlying health problem. Many women suffer from it to a certain degree, and it tends to increase as women get older. So, what causes the excessive body and facial hair growth in women?
• It can be an inherited problem. Testosterone can cause vellus hairs to become terminal hairs, and an inherited increased sensitivity to the male hormone can cause hairs to darken and thicken.
• Polycystic ovaries. Tiny cysts develop on the ovaries, causing problems that can include acne, irregular periods, obesity and hirsutism.
• Excessive male hormones. If a woman begins to produce an excessive amount of androgens or male hormones, then vellus hairs can become terminal hairs, and the hair growth pattern can change.
• A minority of women may experience problems if their body is not producing enough cortisol. Increased amounts of androgens are produced to compensate, causing excessive hair growth.
• Some drugs can also result in excessive hair growth.
While some hair removal methods can provide temporary relief from these symptoms, laser hair removal offers a longer-lasting result. For the best laser hair removal, London has to offer, contact The Laser Treatment Clinic.