Winter Skin Care Tips from our Expert Start following these tips early and your skin will thank you this winter season;
1. Avoid hot showers and baths. Bathing in hot water breaks down the lipid barriers in your skin, which causes a loss in moisture. So it is better to have a warm shower, not too hot, and to avoid staying in for an extended period of time. After which a oil-based body moisturiser should be applied. We recommend Revitalize Marine Body Serum. https://www.thelasertreatmentclinic.com/shop/body/revitalize-marine-body-serum/
2. Exfoliate Regularly. The top layer of skin cells are either dead or old and make your skin look dull. Exfoliating gets rid of the dead skin cells and reveals newer, healthier-looking skin. We recommend Ultra Smooth Sea Polish. https://www.thelasertreatmentclinic.com/shop/exfoliants/ultra-smooth-sea-polish/
3. Change to a Winter Moisturiser. Use a heavier moisturiser in the winter that is oil-based, not water-based, to nourish skin from the inside and help balance natural oil production. We recommend Marine Boost Super Serum. https://www.thelasertreatmentclinic.com/shop/moisturiser/marine-boost-super-serum/
4. Do use a humidifier. In winter months, the lack of moisture in the air can cause the skin to become very dry and crack. Humidifiers put moisture back into the air and prevent extreme dry skin.
5. Wear layers of clothes. Dress in layers, which will allow you to take clothes off when you experience overheating and sweating.
For more information on where to buy your winter skincare click this link;